Why do you need Leave Management Solutions?
Absenteeism Due to Employees’ Chronic Health Conditions Costs U.S. Companies $84 Billion Annually in Lost Productivity¹
Unscheduled absenteeism costs roughly $3,600 per year for each hourly worker and $2,650 per year for each salaried employee.² For an organization with 5,000 employees, that results in a potential outlay of approximately $18 million per year.
Because managing unscheduled absenteeism is not a strategic administrative function, over-stretched human resources managers struggle to administer Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and other programs consistently and efficiently, exposing your organization to an unfavorable grievance and litigation outcomes. Outsourcing absence management, especially FMLA, to the experts shifts the administrative burden and legal risk away from the human resources department, allowing them to focus on essential business objectives.
F&H Solutions Group’s leave specialists do all the work – answering your employees’ questions, methodically processing requests for leave, sending required forms and letters – all while maintaining compliance.
Using a state-of-the-art system and leave expertise, our team will improve and streamline your organization’s leave processes, decrease the resources your organization devotes to absence management and allow the human resources staff to focus on supporting employees to achieve goals that are important to your organization. Most importantly, F&H Solutions Group ensures fair, accurate and consistent leave administration for all employees – regardless of your organization’s size.
1Gallup-Healthways. The Well-Being Index, 2013.
2Circadian. Absenteeism: Reducing the Often Overlooked Bottom Line Killer, 2005.
Leave Management Solutions features all the essential functions needed to effectively track and manage all types of employee leave.
- 100% web-deployed software application reduces the need for ongoing internal IT resources
- Self-service features for 24/7/365 absence reporting and access to leave information and reports
- Customizable comprehensive reports that include detailed, summary and trend data
- Customer-determined access groups and security levels to ensure confidentiality of sensitive information
- Accurate leave eligibility assessments
- Precise tracking of leaves and usage
- Incorporation of all federal and state leave law administration rules
- Proper application of state-specific leave laws based on employees’ worksites
- System-generated leave correspondence and emails, customizable to your organization’s hierarchy and workflow
- Secure FTP file uploads
F&H Solutions Group's Leave Management Solutions has many employer benefits.
- Identify absence abuse through 24/7/365 trend and analysis reporting, which decreases the need for overtime, overstaffing, and temporary employees
- Transfer and reduce risk of Department of Labor investigations and litigation
- Redirect resources to core business operations
- Reduce time spent on leave administration with an automated process
- Diminish administrative errors that typically occur in a manual process
- Alleviate workforce management and employee morale problems caused by chronic absenteeism and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) abuse
F&H Solutions Group Professionals:
- Collaborate with human resources departments to review current policies and procedures to ensure they are clear and specific
- Develop customized communications materials regarding employees’ absences
- Advise clients on how to integrate federal, state, local, disability, on-the-job injury and company-specific leave, as well as any other leave included in collective bargaining agreements, to minimize time away from work
- Train and educate human resources and management employees on federal and state leave laws, as well as their responsibilities under those laws
- Dedicate highly trained leave specialists to administer FMLA and employer-provided leave programs for each client
- Limit FMLA usage only to those employees who have legitimate FMLA-qualifying reasons for leave
- Resolve the complexities of communicating effectively within large organizations with decentralized workforces
- Partner with FordHarrison, an affiliated law firm, regarding any legal issues;
- Inform clients of ever-changing regulations to ensure compliance with federal and state laws
- Offer a unique perspective in understanding the relationship between collective bargaining agreements and employer policies
- Provide clients with “best practice” procedures and continued guidance on how to improve processes