When an employee files a grievance, the process should be handled in a sensitive and timely manner. Unfortunately, Labor relations and HR departments do not always have the resources to give each grievance the serious attention it deserves.
FH Solutions Group works with companies and organizations when management and labor attempt to settle grievances through a mediation process. In addition, we work with clients on daily contract administration, advising supervisors and managers with grievances filed by unions. Our labor consultants assist in handling the various steps in the grievance process, draft responses, and research bargaining history so we have a better understanding of the likelihood of success in arbitration.
With our knowledge and experience of a company's agreements, FHSG consultants will:
- Provide either a toll-free number or direct dial numbers of the consultants who will be responsible for talking to or advising company supervisors and managers;
- Answer questions from company representatives when a grievance(s) has been filed at any unionized location;
- Discuss the grievance(s) with the Company-represented negotiators and review bargaining history and notes when necessary;
- Advise company representatives on contract interpretation;
- Draft responses to the union in each step of the grievance process;
- Discuss the next steps and options with the company representatives;
- Cover all unionized company locations; and
- Provide monthly updates on the number and status of grievances filed by the union(s) or, more frequently, if requested by the company.
FHSG also offers Grievance Handling Training.