Effective strike contingency planning is critical to the long-term success of your organization and the well-being of your employees.
When a union is planning a strike, it’s easy to lose sight of daily operations that must continue even with the threat of a work stoppage. It is crucial to be have a strike contingency plan in place so that your company can prevent or minimize financial losses.
F&H Solutions Group works with organizations to develop, outline and implement strike contingency plans in the event of a potential work stoppage. Our strike contingency planning covers everything from pre-strike planning and strike dynamics to post-strike recovery efforts. Our strike contingency planning outlines how to prepare for a strike and how to assure that the most critical services will continue.
Our Strike Contingency Planning will include the following:
- Gathering and reviewing necessary written procedures, equipment manuals, and technical instructions
- Reviewing and prioritizing tasks and maintenance projects which can be postponed during a strike
- Discussing provisions for the leadership team, communication, legal counsel, security, HR, replacement employees
- Determining appropriate security plan and actions
- Overall communications and coordination
- Training employees
- Crossing picket line guidelines
- Managing logistics