2023 is on track to be the biggest year for strikes since 2019 due to a tight labor market, union contracts expiring, and high costs. What are the current labor trends we are seeing? What would you add to the list?
- Unions want more time off for represented employees
- Unions want wage increases to meet or exceed inflation
- Unions join together from different industries to support each other during strikes
- Unions join coalitions at the same company to increase their bargaining power
- Unions increase their leverage at the bargaining table due to a continued shortage of skilled workers