Americans' approval of labor unions is now at its highest point in more than half a century! While employers can't guarantee that workers will not organize, there are many significant ways they can make sure their employees feel valued and heard:
- Conduct 360-degree feedback to check the pulse of your workplace and find out what areas need changes
- Review your compensation and benefits plan to ensure your company is competitive within the marketplace AND see where you can provide a little bit more (i.e. remote work, bonus eligibility)
- Provide leadership training (a good manager makes ALL the difference in how your employees feel about your company)
- Be transparent and communicate with your employees. Explain unpopular decisions and share wins!
- Conduct an HR Audit to review policies/procedures and explore areas that need improvement
- Provide an employee hotline and a thorough follow-up process so that employees feel that management is listening and problem-solving
- Have a proper grievance procedure so that employees can come to management with issues